Netgear WiFi: Optus DSL Broadband Supplied Modem/Router
The Netgear WiFi ADSL modem/router supplied by Optus has been customised by Netgear for optimal performance on the Optus DSL Broadband service. While these instructions are provided for your reference, the simplest and recommended method to install and configure your modem for the Optus DSL Broadband service is to follow the step by step instructions on the quick install guide provided with your modem.
A filter must be installed on each of the telephony devices that share the same telephone line as your Optus DSL Broadband service. These include
- Fax Machines
- Dial-up Modems
- Answering Machines
- Some Digital pay TV equipment
- Any other device connected to your DSL enabled telephone line
The model of your modem may differ to the images presented on this page however the instructions remain the same.
We recommend that you connect via Ethernet first before setting up your WiFi connection, to ensure your ADSL has been configured correctly.
(1) Connect the yellow Ethernet cable to a yellow port on your modem.
(2) Connect the other end of the yellow Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of your computer which is labelled with this symbol on most computers.
(3) Connect the modem power cable to a power point and the other side to the modem port labelled Power.
1. Switch your modem on by pressing the Power button on the back of the modem.
2. The Power LED and Ethernet LED will light up. The LED labelled DSLwill blink during installation then, after a couple of minutes, will remain a steady green and the Internet LED will light up.
If the link LED keeps blinking your modem is unable to establish a broadband connection. Please ensure all cables are connected as described in Step 2 and Step 3.
If you still cannot connect to the internet please call Optus Customer Care on 133 937, or 133 343 for Small Business customers.
(1) Open your internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari) and type 10.1.1.1 in the address field of the browser.
(2) On the page that appears, click on Basic Settings in the blue menu of options on the left side of the page. Note: For the DGN2200 you will be directed straight to this page.
(3) Replace the default email address (email@example.com) and password with your personal email address and password as provided in your Welcome letter and click Save/ Apply.
The modem will now connect to the Internet - this may take a few minutes.
(4) Close and reopen your browser.
Your modem is now connected to the Optus DSL Broadband service.