My Account FAQs
Clicking a question will scroll this page to the relevant answer.
- How does my account billing work?
- What do I use first, my 100 Bonus hours or my included monthly hours?
- Can I move to a NetRollover or NetAllHours plan?
- What are usernames and passwords?
- What is my email password?
- How do I change my password?
- Can I have multiple email accounts?
- Can I use the same username and login details if I have both an Optus Broadband and Dial-up account?
- What technical help can I get from Optus Dial-up Internet Customer Support?
How does my account billing work?
These plans are billed every month to your nominated credit card or bank account. You will be charged the monthly rate of your chosen plan at the start of each monthly billing period, starting 20 days from the day you created the account or when you first use the service, whichever comes first.
If your plan has a limit for hours used per month, excess usage charges will be applied to your nominated credit or bank account at the start of your next billing period. You can check your account usage at My Usage.
What do I use first, my 100 Bonus hours or my included monthly hours?
Once you connect to Optus Dial-up Internet, you start using the hours that are included in your monthly plan. Once you have used your monthly hours, you start using any bonus hours you have acquired. These bonus hours are available for a single billing period only and do not carry forward.
Can I move to a NetRollover or NetAllHours plan?
No. It is not possible to join these plans after 1 April 2005.
What are usernames and passwords?
Your username is used to identify your particular Internet account and your password is the key that authorises access to your account. The only people who can access your account are those who have both the username and password. You should guard these details very carefully.
Here are some important points to remember about your username and password:
- Enter your username and password in lower case letters only.
- Your username forms the first part of your email address. For example, if your Optus Dial-up Internet username is "jbloggs" then your email address will be "email@example.com".
- Keep your password safe. don't write it down or tell anybody what it is. We recommend that you change the password to your account at least every three months for your protection. If you believe that an unauthorised person has access to your password, we recommend that you change it immediately.
- Optus Dial-up Internet staff will never call you to "verify a password". If you do receive a request from someone asking you for your password, refuse the request and call our Customer Support Representatives on 1300 301 325 immediately.
- Never send the password to your account to anyone by email - this includes email that you may send to our Customer Support team.
What is my email password?
You received a username and password when your account was created. Your username is the first part of your email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Your password is used to log in to the Optus Dial-up Internet service, to personalise your myZOO homepage and to access email. For security reasons, you should change this password regularly and you can do this online via User Management in Member Services. You should change this password as soon as you are connected to the service and regularly thereafter. You can do this online via Account Management in Member Services.
How do I change my password?
Follow these steps to change your password on the Optus Dial-up Internet server:
- Go to Member Services.
- Login with your current username and password and then click the Login button.
- Carefully read the instructions regarding changing your password then towards the bottom of the web page, enter the new password you want to use.
- Re-enter the new password in the second box to confirm the password you now want to use.
- Click the "Next" button. Your new password will now replace the old one.
Can I have multiple email accounts?
With every Optus Dial-up Internet account, you can have up to five free email accounts. You can create your additional email accounts here.
Can I use the same username and login details if I have both an Optus Broadband and Dial-up account?
You can share usernames for both accounts. You can find the Manage Usernames tool here.
What technical help can I get from Optus Dial-up Internet Customer Support?
Optus Dial-up Internet provides technical support for problems that relate to browsing the Internet, sending or receiving email, network connectivity issues. Support for third-party software and hardware configurations that are not related to the Optus Dial-up Internet product can be obtained through the product manufacturer.